Friday, June 27, 2008

The Boys


Song; The Boys
Artist: Dragonette
Album: The Boys




As I had mentioned earlier this week, I’m pretty Calvin Harris crazy as of late. The same day that I had heard and discovered his song with Dizzee Rascal “Dance Wiv Me” I found this cover/response to his song “The Girls” by English electropop band Dragonette. It’s totally fun.

Dragonette formed in 2005 in Canada, but moved to London as they thought they had a better chance of getting attention, play, and fame & fortune there. Ironically, after the move they blew up in Canada. Oops! Their debut album “Galore” was released in September of last year, I haven’t heard the whole thing but really like the single “I Get Around,” which was first released on a for-promo-purposes EP. The only reason I was introduced to the band was hearing that they had produced a song on the new Cyndi Lauper album. (“Grab a Hold” one of my favorites.)

I’m interested enough in their sound to check them out and see if they should be (or should have been) the next big thing. Their cover of “The Boys” is a lot of fun, tongue-in-cheek, and a great way for all you homos in NYC to kick off Pride weekend!

Enjoy.

The Boys


I Get Around


Take it Like a Man

No comments: